Incivility - General
Incivility is breaches of rules or customs; these are behavioral issues
They can occur in the close entourage, in the public or private space, with colleagues, customers, the public in general.
Incivility takes the form of a sudden conflict that can escalate very quickly.
It could be :
- From a lack of courtesy
- From an attitude of defiance
- Verbal or even physical threats
- Violent acts
Some figures from a 2011 study:
It is aggressive behavior that generates the most stress, even though politeness remains an important value in our society.
In companies, we note:
- 7,000 daily incidents of incivility at the Post Office
- a very powerful campaign at the RATP
- in banks, there are 1/3 insults, 1/3 threats and 1/3 attacks
Although the “young people” are stigmatized, they say they are bothered, among other things, by the lack of knowing how to travel together.
Keywords: incivilities , generalities